Holi, the festival of love, brotherhood, harmony and colors, is celebrated with great pomp on the full moon date of the month of Falgun. Before the beginning of the festival of Holi, the ritual of Holika Dahan is done which is considered very important. In all our scriptures, it has been said to take special care of Muhurta in Holika Dahan.
According to the Narada Purana, Falgun Purnima is considered to be the best during Bhadraless Pradosh Kaal. Although people take different measures on Holika Dahan, but on this special day there are some tasks which bring happiness and prosperity while doing some work is considered inauspicious. Let us know what to do and what not to do on this day according to religious belief.
Don’t do this on the day of Holi-
- don’t wear such clothes: Astrology believes that wearing torn, dirty, black, blue clothes on the day of Holi destroys a person’s physical ability and positive energy. Such clothes give rise to many types of diseases by making our body and mind relaxed. Also dirty and torn clothes bring bad luck, negative energy resides in the house.
On the other hand, on the day of Holika Dahan, the effect of negative forces remains high, so wearing white clothes is also inauspicious. Wear clothes of auspicious colors on this day
- Avoid Lending: It is believed that no one should lend money on the day of Holika Dahan. By doing this you may face financial problems.
- don’t see newlyweds: It is believed that the fire of Holika Dahan is considered a symbol of a burning body. Therefore, no newlyweds should see this fire, it is considered inauspicious. This may cause problems in their married life.
- don’t burn these woods: It is often seen that many people break the twigs of green trees for Holika Dahan, doing so is not auspicious from any point of view. It is believed that peepal, banyan or mango wood should not be used for Holika Dahan on this day. In this season, new buds come on these trees, in such a situation, negativity spreads by burning them. Dry wood or cow dung sticks of Gular, Neem or Castor tree can be used for Holika Dahan.
Do this on the day of Holi-
- For sweetness in love relationship: The festival of Holi is also associated with the sacred love of Radha-Krishna. In mythological times, the festival of Holi started with the Holi of Shri Krishna and Radha. On this day by worshiping Radha-Krishna and applying gulal to them, love remains in life.
- Health will be fine: From the point of view of health, burning of fire, parikrama of fire, dancing, singing etc. have been included in the rituals of Holika Dahan. Where the heat of fire destroys the germs, other activities of sports and games do not allow inertia in the body, this removes kapha dosha, maintains the energy and vigor of the body and the body remains healthy.
- worship of fire: On the day of Holi, there is a law to worship Agnidev before Holika Dahan. Agnidev is considered to be the chief among the five elements, who while residing in the body of all the living entities in the form of fire element, protect them throughout their life.
- for good luck: At the time of Holika Dahan, all the members of the family should dedicate new grains together with green earrings of wheat, barley and gram to the holy fire, doing so brings auspiciousness in the house.