Two new teams will join the new season of the Indian Premier League, the world’s most popular T20 tournament. Mega auction will be done for the new season of IPL (IPL 2022), before which all the teams will have to release their four important players while retaining the rest. The list of players to be retained is to be released on Tuesday 30 November. The list of retained players will be released by all the teams on Star Sports, the channel that broadcasts the tournament matches.
All teams will get a chance to pick new players before entering the tournament. Before this, he can retain his favorite players with the team. All eight teams have been given the option of choosing a maximum of four players. Most of these teams have decided about their players to be retained, while some are still brainstorming.
These star players were retained:
- Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR): Sunil Narine, Andre Russell, Varun Chakravarthy, Venkatesh Iyer
- Chennai Super Kings (CSK): Ravindra Jadeja, MS Dhoni, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Moeen Ali.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH): Kane Williamson
- Mumbai Indians (MI): Rohit Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah
- Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB): Virat Kohli, Glenn Maxwell
- Delhi Capitals (DC): Rishabh Pant, Prithvi Sha Axar Patel, Enrich Narkhia
- Rajasthan Royals (RR): Sanju Samson
The rules for retaining players have already been set. The teams that retained their 4 players will be reduced by Rs 42 crore out of 90 crore in the auction. The team retaining 3 players will be less by Rs 33 crore, while the teams that decide to retain two players will be less by Rs 24 crore, then the purse of the team retaining one player will be less by Rs 14 crore.