The Cricket Board of India (BCCI) is all set to organize the IPL 2022 season. The 15th season of the IPL is to start from March 26, with only a few days left, but before that the BCCI has issued the rules related to bio-bubble. Let us tell you about the rules that every team will need to follow.
Bio-bubble related rules-
- To enter the biosecure bubble, players and support staff will undergo a hard quarantine on the first three days and will be tested on the fourth day. Only after coming negative in this test will one be allowed to enter the Bio-bubble.
- Players will have to do in-room testing after every 24 hours during the quarantine period.
- Players can go from bubble to bubble if they have used a charter flight or road to get there. This includes Sri Lanka’s tour of India, Australia’s tour of Pakistan, Bangladesh’s tour of South Africa and England’s tour of West Indies.
- If any player or team staff comes out of the bubble, then they will have to go through a three-day quarantine and then they will have to test negative.
- On the arrival of the players, their test will be done in Mumbai and they will be quarantined in their rooms till the result is out. Apart from this, there should be zero contact at the airport.
- There will be a need to create a green corridor for the movement of players so that the bio bubble is maintained.
- If any member of a team is found positive then they can be allowed to quarantine in the hotel.
Let us tell you that it is expected that all the 10 franchises will start their preparations by March 14-15. This season will start from March 26, while the final match will be played on May 29.
This time all 70 league matches will be played in Maharashtra, for which three in Mumbai and one stadium in Pune have been selected. This time 10 teams have been divided into two groups and each team will play two matches with five teams while four teams will play one match each.